Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Great Medal Haul

2012 was a great running year for me. A memorable one indeed. I ran my first half-marathon in the Condura Skyway Marathon, finishing your first 21k is both tiring and exciting. My first time to experience that kind of pain, my first time to have conquered such a challenge, hence, my first medal. And boy how they look and feel great hanging around your neck. But, I didnt stop there. I also joined the Etc Earth Run's 21km run where I achieved my PR of 2:12 in that category. It was a big lift for me and for my ego. It seems everytime I ran, I get faster and I get a nice piece of medal to go along with that. Another highlight for 2012 is me joining all three Run United's at 21k with satisfying results. Ive learned the value of commitment, the importance of hard work and the results that go along with that. Also, as a promise to myself and to give more meaning to my runs, almost all of the races I participate in should have social relevance and should benefit the needy. One race that Im glad I joined is the Tetra Pak RFR. The race donated a portion of our reg fees to their beneficiary, and also helped people to be aware of the benefits of recycling. This is also the time where I started having leg cramps that affected my finishing time. Maybe because of the lack of mileage I log in during trainings, sodium depletion, or lack of hydration. The last run I joined was Milo's 36th Marathon Finals. Same thing happened, leg cramped on me so I finished with a disappointing time of 2:20. At least I was able to give a child running shoe and joining at least 1 Milo race per year is an sop for me.

Thats about it. All the of my running highlights for the year 2012. This 2013, im contemplating in using salt sticks every long runs and see if its really sodium depeletion. And this year will be all about personal bests for me in all categories and maybe finally join TBR's Dream Marathon. Lets all keep our fingers crossed, and lets all have a happy, prosperous, and exciting 2013. Till then, run hard, run happy! BooRunner out!















No comments:

Post a Comment