Saturday, November 24, 2012

Tetra Pak Run Feed Recycle Race Review

My 1 run per month policy made it difficult for me to decide in this run. It was a toss up between Power Run, RFR and the BGC run for the month of November. The 2 races were big races organized by RunRio and RFR by Hypersports. Ive never joined any Hypersports event so I was a little bit hesitant. But then, I also considered the cause of the runs which led me to give RFR the edge because part of the fees will help feed kids from a charitable organization. And also the fact that they are giving P50 discount by recycling 5 tetra paks, you helped save mother earth and you still get a discount!




The singlets were awesome, with the green and blue color scheme, and a reflectorized gray strip in the upper back side of the singlet. The finisher shirt was no letdown too. The medals threw me off a bit because of their teeneeweenie size. I was expecting it to be at least the size of a small tetra pak. And the promised loot bags werent in sight. Nevertheless, hydration stations were sufficient with water and cocoquench. Some bananas and sponges were present in strategic parts of the route. Although adding a few sports drink in the mix would have been better but Im not complaining, it was all good! Oh, except for that pitch black, darker than dark part of the Buendia Flyover. For a while there I thought I was gonna step into a hole and possibly injure and ruin my bid for world domination. Good thing, nothing happened so its still a go just you wait. I had cramps at the latter part of the route, no thanks to the punishing route the organizers have plotted! Linahat na nila, lahat ng uphill sa BGC isinama para mapamura kaming mga runners. But what is a race without any challenge right?










boy pulikat near the finish line

Me and Trix stayed to watch the program after I crossed the finish line at 2:19 which wasnt bad considering the small amount of training i had.


We were hoping to win the raffle kasi and it was entertaining to watch Bearwin make fun of the audience and the winners. I also witnessed Tetra Pak executives turning over the promised P250,000 donation to the Charitable Organization from the runs proceeds. Another good news weve heard is they are now planning to have a RFR 2 next year. Something big to anticipate eh?

So Ive completed a half marathon, fed children, recycled for mother earth in one sunday morning...and it feels great! Hooray for everyone who joined and congrats to the organizers!

No comments:

Post a Comment