Sunday, January 29, 2012

U.P. Does Not Need Another Runner







I have been a runner for almost 3 years now and there are places that I wish i could run at. There's New York, Boston, California, Singapore, Bangkok. And then there is UP (Diliman). Yes, Im a UP virgin up until now. Last Sunday, January 29, I went there with my friend Jeck. He picked me up at around 5am and got to UP at around 5:30. We parked at the side street near the UP Police Station since alot of the cars in front of us parked there. Later on, we found out that theres plenty of parking spaces around, you just have to go to the side streets since the main road is closed for motorists. At that time, there were already alot of runners, after our warm-up walk, we started running at an easy pace. Slowly, as the sun was rising, light began shining through the towering acacia trees embracing the streets around "Peyups". As the sun rose higher, people were piling up.





We were too busy taking in the sights and sounds of the place that we didnt noticed that the place was packed with runners. Like there was a fun run event already. After running 6km with a steady pace of 7mins /km, I noticed Jeck gassing out and my stomache rumbling, asking for breakfast, I started walking. Since Its the week before the Skyway Marathon, I didnt want to put too much stress on my legs so i had to restrain myself from getting more mileage. While walking we had the chance to see the famous "Zorro" guy who is very well-known around the area. After cooling down, we stopped and got ourselves some fresh, hot and yummy servings of taho. Going home we promised ourselves to go back in UP and bring our family there while we, together with our wives, run around the "ikot" route. Its something that is just waiting to happen some time this coming months. But until then, happy trails to you! Whenever, wherever you run, just remember to be safe and to reach for your goal! See you guys in Feb 5!

• thanks to Liz Anne Karen for tha fab photo!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment