Friday, September 20, 2013

The Dream Is On

The Road to My First Full Marathon Starts Now! Ive succesfully grabbed a spot in the much coveted TBR Dream Marathon this coming Feb16. 


Training will start next month. After a long lay-off from running, Im quite excited to commit myself to training and running for my first full mary. 

From here on, I will be documenting my progress, ill be giving you a blow-by-blow recap of what transpired. 

Sept. 18 Wednesday
Came off from work at 7pm. Had to wait for a while for that green frog bus in buendia to take me to the bgc entrance along kalayaan, walked to get to SLMC and arrivved at the confeence room for my 1st ever bull circle. I arrived with coach Lit onstage talking about the foundations of running, its importance, and how to do them right. Then he talked about the Galloway method which is the Run-Walk method. Each minute that I was there got me more interested. I gained vital infos to succeed on my training for the big day. 


Of course, The Bull Runner, Ms Jaymie pizarro was there. She was a welcome sight for my sore and tired eyes. She sounded the way I imagined her voice to be. I was starstruck. 

She was so near and yet so far. One day ill have our picture taken together. This weekend is the start of my training. Im planning to simply follow whatever Mr. Lafferty just said. Ease in to running, do the galloway method and lessen my ego. 

Oct. 5, 2013, Saturday
6:15 AM

Arrived with a few minutes to spare at BGC track 30th for our first Bull Session. I was as usual by my lonely self, people around me proudly sporting their tbr university shirts. I had time to look around, check out my batchmates, take pictures and observe. Then it was time. 

Coach Lit breakin' it down for y'all!

I just had to take a snap of her...

Coach Lit took the mic and broke it down! A little intro here, a short reminder, then he grouped us according to our preferred paces. I chose the 4:1 group with an average pace of 6:30 to 7:00. 

Our group started at a conservative pace of around 7:30 min/km. At first, I was feeling kinda bored with our pace but I just cant forget what Coach Jim talked about in Bull Circle 1; start with a conservative pace, lose your ego. True enough, as the group finished our 50min run, we averaged at 7min/km. Hanep! I never thought that can be done. Achieving a decent pace and still having enough fuel in the tank. As of this writing, I now incorporate a lot of galloway method in my training runs!

Heres our group shot that I got from our TBR 2014 batch's FB site. 

Oct. 26, 2013, Saturday
6:00 AM

Today is the 2nd Bull Session. Compared to the previous one the mood was more light with a hint of stress on my part due to being tardy and had to run all the way from the parking lot just to make it on time. People were a bit less of a stranger and now are looking more familiar. Stayed on the same group I had during the 1st one. We started our run with a 10 min warmup around hi-street. But after that, our pace went from 0-60! We were averaging below 6:30! Thats why some of us were panting like crazy by the 50th minute. So, the pacers finally decided to stick to our pace of 6:30 to 7 upto the finish. After the run, all were asked to stay for the photo shoot. People had fun posing for the camera, after that, it was time to go and off to training by our own. 


Heres a photo taken that day that I picked up from our fb site

No comments:

Post a Comment