Sunday, April 08, 2012

A Place Called STR

Twas the week-long vacation of 2012. Nothing special planned, just stayed in my in-laws house with the sinister plan of running in BGC the whole stay since they live right next to it. Well, it turned out I only got to run twice during the Holy Week. The first one was an easy 4km run with my wife, followed with a 20min tempo run, and second was an 8km run in and around BGC.

Having said that, I had the chance to drop by Sta. Rosa, Laguna. Me, my wife, together with my brother and sister-in-law, got to see the villages, the malls and the parks around it. From Greenfield City to Nuvali to Laguna Bel-air name it, weve been there. What really made me want to write this post was because of the outlet stores we visited in Laguna (or Paseo) Bel-Air. There were Speedos, Adidas, Mizunos and Nike outlets. But what really struck me was this Nike outlet store found along greenfield city in the back portion of the mall. I mean the prices were just crazy! Around 40 to 30% cheaper! The stocks might not be the latest ones but still. Imagine a Nike singlet priced around 1,600 in manila, there it was only 900+! And the running shorts were also 40% off! Even the shirts, jackets and shoes (including the lunarglide3) were on sale. And that was just for runners! I havent even checked the basketball section and the running stuffs for women. Unfortunately my mind was willing to purchase but the wallet was not. But I promise you this, I, theBoorunner, will be back with a vengeance and a fat wallet!

So, if ever you see yourself around these areas, remember my blogpost and do drop by the Nike outlet store for your running needs. But until then, keep on running, run hard, run happy!

*Apologies for not having any pics to show, I was so into the place that I forgot to snap some.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: